Tuesday, June 02, 2009

Big Things. {Austin Life Photographer}


June has just begun and already it's shaping up to be a month of service photography. I'm currently photo-journaling a sweet friend's journey through ovarian cancer and subsequent chemotherapy treatments. She's thirty-something with two precious kids, ages 5 and 7. We just started last week on day three of her post chemo and so far it has been with great blessings. I've been able to take my daughter with me and her laughter is contagious. We don't know what will come of it all, but that's a lot like life. I'm just showing up and seeking guidance from the big Man upstairs.


In the coming weeks, I'll be shooting the Girl Scouts of Central Texas at their day camps at Zilker park and at a special event called ChannelOne. I love working with the girls. They are an amazing bunch and a wonderful community.

And later still, I'll be working with the local version of Vacation Bible School. I can't wait to participate!

And meanwhile, some friends and I are working on a coffee table book idea. and my blog is being revamped. Big things happening, my friends. Be sure to hold on to your hats and stay tuned!

1 comment:

Mommy said...

Wow...that wig looks great on you...hahaha! oh wait! You are awesome and is that someone else actually taking ab picture of you with your camera!!! Yikes...look at you all growing and all ;)