Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Nashville. Music City U.S.A. {Nashville Travel Photographer}

I could go on and on about how much Nashville means to me and what a big role it has played in my life and the person you see today, but I'll keep this short and focus on the sneak peeks at hand. I stayed with this sweet family while meeting up with friends here and there and everywhere and driving all over town to see how much things had changed and how much things had stayed the same. I absolutely adore their daughter! I was blessed to be able to babysit her when she was under a year and it's crazy how much what I knew of her then remains the same. Her tiny hands and feet, for instance and her big blue eyes with the de-loveliest of lashes. The Dad in these pictures is an amazing photographic artist himself so I was more than a little nervous to do things "just right." :-) The good news is that in photography pretty much anything goes. Check out Tom's website here.






These next cool cats started out as friends of friends that all went to Baylor but migrated to Nashville. The Dad is a true crack up and a great sport. He wanted direction and so when I told them all to sit down, hold hands and sing Kumbahya, they happily obliged.





Jim writes all your favorite country music.


The jumping one is a definite favorite!



Next up are incredible friends of mine. There's no way I could have survived the software company for as long as I did without Stuart sitting in the next cube over. And if I hadn't worked there four years, then I wouldn't have met my husband so case closed on how critical one decision is on the journey of your life. :-) It's a bonus that I remember the day he came back from the local bookstore and said he'd met someone special. That special someone was Mary and all of us in the marketing department got to hear Stu's favorite Sixpence None The Richer over and over and over again. Ah, young love and the song entitled, "Kiss Me."






Love all you peeps!

Be kind, please do not copy without agreement.

5 comments:

Jennie said...

Great pics, K. I'm a bit biased, but I like the last one best! :-) I too remember those early days and "Kiss Me" will always remind me of Stu & Mar. Miss you, K! If you need a break from the heat of the South this summer, feel free to head up here to the North where summer is spectacular. We'd love to have you photograph the boys!

kirsten said...

your Nashville trip was a HUGE success obviously...ok, so I'm a little jealous I'm not a sneak peek but next time I'll coordinate better and get on the hot list for faux-toes!!!

Kristen said...

thanks, y'all! I couldn't have imagined a better trip... can't wait to meet your crew kirsten! and keep a lookout jennie... i may be up there before you know it. ;-)

Unknown said...

Kristen, this is the first time I have visited your site, it is so wonderful. I love the shots of Stuart and Mary...and I love those guys, too! Great job capturing them!

Kristen said...

Amy Lou, Thanks for stopping by! I hope you'll be back soon! :-) Thanks for the comments, I love them!!