Monday, May 18, 2009

Community Service

I love giving back. I think it is one of the most important things we can do as human beings walking on the face of the planet. So two weeks ago when my good friend, Sarah Mueller, asked me to participate in Career Day at Hudson Bend Middle School, I eagerly said, "SIGN ME UP!" Middle School is so damn awkward that I know God has a.) a sense of humor and b.) always a plan and purpose.
So I spoke for two hours in twenty minute segments to different groups all about the joys of pursuing your passion and what I love about photography. Interest levels ebbed and flowed throughout the morning, but everyone's ears perked up when I said I'd happily take their FauxToes! And that's when I got these beauties:




If I was able to inspire just one to follow their heart, I call that a morning well spent. I know I sure had fun seeing new faces and sharing the delights of my career choice.

1 comment:

Sweet Serendipity said...

Love the blog, love the pics, love you my friend!
Andrea